TB3, stands for "The Box", 3-Axis. It is the next evolution of the eMotimo Pan and Tilt motion control heads. The TB3 is a milled aluminum head with new geometry. It is strong, lightweight, and it puts the pan-axis nearly on-node with most cameras to turn a heavier setup. You may easily add an additional stepper motor to the powered AUX Step port on the side of the TB3 to get 3 axis moves. Additionally, we have a configurable I/O port that allows us to talk to 3rd party solutions.
Here are a few quotes from users:
-Ron Risman - Cameratown.com "The eMotimo TB3 will easily save you at least $1000 over other professional quality pan & tilt heads designed for motion controlled time-lapse or video applications. It is extremely simple to operate, quick to set up, and compact enough to take anywhere you desire."
- "Those changes you made makes it much more versatile and you can now even do proper panorama capture with it as well because of the attachment plate. :)"
- "The wireless remote is genius. :) "
- "The thing looks and feels great, have been showing in off like my new born"
- “i had to chuckle at how incredibly intuitive it was. my favorite aspect is undoubtedly the sound it makes. too cool.”
The product in detail:
- Pan and Tilt motion control head that sits between a tripod and your DSLR or Video Camera
- Auxiliary, 3rd powered stepper output to drive another motor. We integrate well to many popular dollys and sliders. Three axis repeatable motion is here!
- Supports point A to point B, moving time-lapse shots with a shoot-move-shoot (SMS) sequence or shoot smooth continuous video
- Ridiculously easy setup. Set up a repeatable 3 axis moves in just a few minutes.
- Shoot Move Shoot (SMS) intervals of 0.4 to 999.9 sec (.1 sec resolution) or Video setting for continuous motion
- HDR shooting supported for most DSLRs
- Programmable Ramping to allow for smooth and natural looking starts and stops
- Shot durations of 1 minute to 99 hours
- Built in intervalometer to trigger most DSLRs
- Repeatable stepper motors with low-backlash gearing. This allows for effects shots like this or this.
- Arduino microcontrollers as the brains. Open source and upgradeable firmware - eMotimo TB3 can be hacked and will grow!
- 5"x5" base. 7 " tall. Weighs 3lbs 9 oz (before power).
- Accepts industry standard 12V DC power supply through a 2.1x5.5mm barrel jack. (Use a supply with that can provide at least 1Amp continuous or 1.3Amp if using additional motor output)
- Support DSLR and Video cameras up to 8lbs. Get more details on what works well with the TB3.
Both versions come with a case, AC adapter, and adjustable macro focus plate for camera mounting and balancing. See our store for details on pricing.